How WordPress Lightbox creates a slideshow on your site
All you need to do is to create a folder on your server and upload some images inside it. WordPress Lightbox will take care of the rest. Here are step by step instructions how to make a slideshow on your site:
- Install Hot Lightbox plugin from your computer as usually and activate it.
- Upload images you would like to use in the slideshow into any folder on your server (through WordPress Media Manager or FTP). Make sure the folder is writable by your server.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and drag Hot Lightbox into any widget position.
- Click the arrow next to the widget’s name to see all available parameters of the widget.
- There you can see the parameters related to thumbnails border, padding and margin, as well as border colors.
- The most important settings of the WordPress Lightbox plugin are under the Thumbnails Settings. There you select your folder with images. Also, you can set the thumbnails width and height, as well as the thumbnails quality in this section.
Hot Lightbox plugin does all remaining tasks automatically in order to create the slideshow on your site. It automatically creates the thumbnail images and save them into /thumbs subfolder (inside the folder where your images are). The thumbnail images are created per parameters that you entered in the widget settings section (regarding dimensions and quality). The plugins also creates the Lightbox slideshow. When your visitor clicks on any thumbnail image, the slideshow starts. Visitor can change images (prev/next) in the pop-up while the rest of the website area will be faded to black. If visitor click any point outside of the Lightbox area, the slideshow will be closed.